I – RENTAL
- The Seasonal Campsite Fee is based on occupancy by the trailer owner(s) and dependants under 25 yrs of age. Visitor fees are applicable to other family members or friends. All guests must register at office upon entering the campground. Full daily campsite fees will apply to guests when owners are not present.
- The seasonal fee permits one trailer per site.
- All new prospective seasonal campers must be approved by management.
- Pets must be under control and/or leashed at all times.
- Non-Residents and Visitors shall pay a fee for the use of the boat launch. See fee
- Residents, Non-Residents & Visitors can arrange with management for the seasonal rental
of a boat docking slip, subject to availability. One motorized watercraft per slip. See fee
- In addition to the factory-installed trailer refrigerator, residents are permitted one extra
refrigerator subject to payment of the applicable fee.
- We kindly ask that the use of Air Conditioners be used only when really needed. Hydro
costs continue to go up and if needed the park may be forced to fit sites with individual hydro meters.
II – LAND USE
- Sites are rented from the 1st weekend of May until Thanksgiving Day weekend (approximately a 5 month term) for the sole use and enjoyment of the residents. Water supply will be dependent on the weather and may not be available for the full rental term.
- Residents are responsible for the upkeep of their site. Site must be kept neat, uncluttered and the grass maintained.
- No lands shall be used for commercial purposes.
- No changes to the drainage, grading, or any type of excavation shall be commenced upon
any park land unless approved by the Board of Directors in writing.
- Trimming or cutting of any brush or trees, or collection of wood on the property is not
- No “for sale” signs to be posted without management approval.
III – GENERAL
- Quiet time is from 12:00 a.m. (midnight) to 8:00 a.m. Campfire get-togethers are welcome but loud noise of any kind will not be permitted during this period. Always be respectful of your neighbours and the customers of the park.
- Residents are responsible for the supervision of their children and guests at all times and will be held liable for any damage caused by misuse of the facilities. Children less than 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult while at beach or play area.
- Residents are reminded that Ontario Provincial legislation regarding underage drinking of alcoholic beverages applies within the park boundary and is, therefore, not permitted.
- Trespassing on neighboring properties is strictly forbidden. Please stay within marked boundaries of campground or public road allowances for dog walking, hiking, etc.
- Pets – The “stoop-n-scoop” rule applies and owners shall dispose of the baggie in garbage cans, not in toilets. A “stoop-n-scoop bin” is provided by the garbage depot. Pets are NOT allowed on the beach.
- Drive slowly and watch for children.
IV – ENVIRONMENT
The M.O.E. can enter the Park at any time and if we are not complying with proper regulations regarding any environmental matter, the M.O.E. has the right to close down the Park.
* All trailers with the exception of tent trailers must be equipped with a black water holding tank. There must be no black water sewage allowed to seep into the ground.
* Renters are responsible for emptying the black water tank through use of a “honey wagon” to be disposed of at our dumping station. Alternatively, the campground has an arrangement with a local contractor for the emptying of black water holding tanks. Residents requiring this service can arrange it through the camp store.
* Littering anywhere (beach, water or park lands) is strictly prohibited.
* No wrecked, abandoned, discarded, or junked vehicles, trailers, broken sheds, utility
trailers, watercraft equipment or material of any kind, shall be placed or be permitted to
remain on any Lands.
* Only biodegradable and environmentally friendly products are allowed to be used on the
property including all cleansing products and soaps. Bleach and other toxic chemicals are
* All waste is to be disposed of in the “Garbage Depot” (household garbage only) except for
recycling. All garbage shall be placed in clear garbage bags. Glass bottles, cans, plastic and cardboard must be sorted and recycled by placing them in the appropriate barrels. Please empty, rinse and crush large containers to save space.
* Recycle empty beer cans and alcoholic bottles in the proper plastic bins at the garbage depot.
* Cigarette butts are litter and shall be disposed of accordingly. “Butt” buckets are provided on the beach and other key locations.
* Burning of plastics or any other toxic chemicals in campfires or on property is not permitted.
V – SAFETY
- Speed limits as posted shall be strictly adhered to by all motorized vehicles within the Park.
- Speed limit for all vehicles within the park is 10 KPH.
- The use of fireworks and firecrackers of any type are prohibited. Fireworks will only be
permitted at camp-sponsored events. Floating fire lanterns are prohibited in the park.
- No open fires of any kind, including those for the burning of rubbish and debris, shall be
permitted within the Park boundaries, except within a barbecue or fire pit. Fires must be attended by an adult at all times and must be thoroughly extinguished by wetting or covering, upon completion of their use. There will be no fires allowed in the park during an extreme fire rating.
- All firewood must be contained and stacked in a safe and neat manner.
- Heating shall be provided only by factory-installed heating units. Electric space heaters are
- All trailers must be equipped with a proper RV grade electrical cord and if there is any
deterioration the electrical cord must be replaced with another proper RV grade electrical cord. RV electrical cords are the responsibility of the trailer owner and under no circumstances should the hydro or breaker boxes be altered or modified.
- A surge protector is the responsibility of each renter in case of extreme thunder storms on your main power line.
- No firearms will be discharged within the Park boundaries, including BB, pellet or CO2 guns.
- Hunting is not allowed within the Park boundaries.
VI – STRUCTURES
No structure may be erected or replaced upon any lands without the prior written approval of the Board of Directors. Building permits and associated costs are the responsibility of the seasonal lessee.
* All Trailers must be approved by the Board of Directors of Klahanie Campers Corp. Notification of said purchase can be made by any Director, who will then pass on specifications to the President and if trailer meets our Park standards and the resident’s site can support or accommodate it, approval will be obtained as quickly as possible.
* All Trailers must conform to the CSA standard specifications for Travel trailer, 5t h Wheel, Motor homes or Tent Trailer styles. Double wide and mobile homes are strictly prohibited.
* A Park Model Trailer must comply with CSA Standard Z241-M92 and must be acceptable to local Municipal Authorities.
* Deck dimensions cannot exceed the length or width of the seasonal trailer excluding all tip outs.
* A three-sided Add-a-Room should not exceed the maximum square footage of the CSA Standard approved Trailer it is being added too and must be in compliance with local Municipal Building Codes (Total square footage, etc.). Dependant also, on the site’s space and expected regular vehicle parking requirements maintaining the parks valued uncluttered appearance.
* Storage Sheds:
All sites as of November 1s t, 2015 (unless previously requested by the Board of Directors) are Grand parented with regard to existing storage sheds including wood sheds and auxiliary rubber made storage etc.
If your site is Grand parented you may replace existing storage with Board approval. However, the objective of our park is to consolidate our storage and therefore any site request for additional storage will require the entire site to comply with the following specifications:
* Maximum of one (1) storage shed per site.
* Each shed must not to exceed 108 square feet with a maximum of a 9ft height. This
dimension is the present maximum according to the Municipal Building Code not requiring
a Municipal Building Permit and onsite inspection by the Municipality.
* Sheds not to be used for any other purpose than storage.
VII – VEHICLES
- Maximum of 2 licensed vehicles per site if the site space allows for it. No parking on roads. Additional vehicles may be parked in the designated parking area.
- All motor bikes, ATVs and other such vehicles are forbidden from being operated in any part of the park unless it is being used for park business or for access and egress from the park. Access and Egress of these recreational vehicles are restricted during the established quiet hours.
- Golf carts are permitted in the park but carry the same warnings as driving a vehicle and must not exceed the posted speed. Open display or use of alcohol while driving is NOT ALLOWED. Driving a golf cart while intoxicated is strictly prohibited. You are still subject to criminal laws on impaired driving on private property. Golf carts may not carry more people that the cart is designed for. No standing on the back or hanging off the sides while the cart is in operation. Golf carts SHALL NOT be operated at any time between 12am and 8am during the established quiet hours excluding seasonal that have a handicap licensed pass as defined by the department of motor vehicles. Golf carts operated after dusk until the established quiet period must have operational head and tail lamps. Golf cart privileges are subject to abuses of the aforementioned rules.
- Beaching of any type of motorized watercraft along the shoreline is not permitted.
- Vehicles are not allowed on the beach. No parking beside or on beach access road.
VIII – LIABILITY
- Residents are to provide their own property damage and liability insurance coverage while renting a site. Camp Klahanie is not responsible for any assets not belonging to the Corporation.
- Management will not be responsible for any damage or injury caused to resident’s property or person, and shall not be held liable for any harm or injury caused by resident’s use or misuse of the corporation’s property or equipment.
- The camp is privately owned and management reserves the right to evict any resident at any time without refund for contravention of rules, non-payment of fees or any act that threatens the peace and quiet of the property.
- No noxious, dangerous, illegal, violent, threatening, unreasonable, disturbing or offensive activities shall be carried on in the Park nor shall anything be done which may be or become a nuisance or annoyance to others.
- If payment is not received by the due dates, management retains the right to remove trailer and any deck, “add-a-room’ or shed, from site at the owner’s risk and costs.
- The Resident is held responsible for any changes or additions to electrical wiring, plumbing or sewage disposal performed without knowledge or consent of the board. Any code or safety violations and fines for such unauthorized work will be the responsibility of the resident.
- The Resident will be liable for any costs or actions taken by the corporation as a result of failure to obtain the prior written approval of the board.
Note: Any provision of the Rental Agreement & Regulations which is not enforced for any reason, by the board of Directors, shall not invalidate any provision of this Agreement.